Are you planning to study in Canada? Do you know the visa application process? If not, we are here to guide you. Currently, the rise in the number of Indian students in Canada has overtaken the Chinese nationality for the maximum number of student immigrants.
In Canada, there is no specific visa known as a Canada Study Visa. They have something known as the Canada Study Permit, which is similar to a Canada Student Visa. With this permit and a temporary resident visa, you can easily study in the recognized educational institutes. Let us now understand the application process of Canada Study Visa for Indians without further adieu.
Canada Study Visa Eligibility
Before we discuss the steps of the application process, it is necessary for us first to consider the eligibility criteria. It has been listed below for your perusal.
- Enrollment in a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- No history of criminal record may need to be proven by a police certificate
- Good health, to be determined through a medical examination
- Proof of funds that are enough for the tuition fees, accommodation and return transportation after course completion
- Will to leave the country after completion of course
Canada Study Visa Application Process
Apart from the study permit, one must also obtain a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). This application process takes about five weeks to complete in the case of Indian nationals. This does not, however, include the time taken to send the application or the time for the biometrics.
You have three ways through which you can apply for a study permit. You can apply from outside of Canada, within Canada, or at the port of entry. You can apply online or on paper in all these methods.
For applying through the paper method, you must follow the steps given below:
- Collect all your necessary documents.
- Fill out the application form correctly.
- Pay application fees.
- Submit the application for processing.
If you wish to apply online, you must have a scanner so that you can easily upload your documents online. You must also have a debit or credit card to pay your application fees without any hassle.
Once the application is submitted, it needs additional verification before the actual processing is initiated. You are required to provide your biometrics within 30 days of being requested for the biometrics. This request is usually sent within 24 hours of receiving the online application or within two weeks of receiving the application form.
On approval of the application, a letter of introduction along with an eTA or temporary resident visa is sent. This is mandatory to be shown at the immigration point when you step into Canada. In case the application is rejected, the reasons will be stated in a letter.
When you enter Canada, your documents will be checked by an official to determine whether or not you meet the requirements for entry into Canada.
Application Process through Student Direct Stream
Students of specific countries such as Vietnam, India, China, and the Philippines are provided the liberty of applying for the study permit through a Student Direct Stream. This application, too, can be applied on paper or online. You need to fill out the application form accurately along with the documents listed below:
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of 10,000 Dollars
- Copy of Medical Examination
- Proof of payment of tuition fees of the first year of course
- Copy of letter of acceptance/enrollment from the DLI
- Proof of graduation from a high school of Canadian curriculum or evidence of securing at least a 6 in an English language test or proof of achieving at least a 7 for French in the Niveaux de competence linguistic test
Canada Study Visa Required Documents
The list of documents needed for the application process is given below.
- Proof of enrollment in the DLI
- Proof of financial support/funds
- Proof of Identity
- Valid Passport
- Letter of Explanation
- Declaration of Custodian (if any)
- Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (if studying in Quebec)
Best Canada Study Visa Consultancy in Delhi
If you are searching for a visa consultancy service in Delhi, then Meteors Immigration is your best bet. It is a verified and registered immigration consultant. It is registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, India, after having followed its statutory set of rules and regulations. The agency has more than 13 years of experience in this field. Due to this very reason, the services offered by this consultancy are exemplary in level. The representatives of this immigration consultancy provide dedicated time for each client and help them navigate through the visa application process.
We hope that the article has removed all your doubts about the application process of the Canadian study permit. If you do have any lingering doubts, you can definitely contact Radvision consultancy to sort out all your matters. We hope to see you excel in Canada!