Are you planning to establish your work experience in Australia? Then you should be proud of yourself for making such a fantastic decision. Australia is one of the countries (or should we say continent) filled with a lot of opportunities for people worldwide, especially Indians. Also, you don’t need to panic whether you can find your ambitious career there. Because the country has a wide range of job opportunities in every field from the Agricultural sector to the health sector, isn’t it sound exciting?
Table of Contents
Australia – A land of opportunities
If you become a worker in the Australian firms, you are allowed to have the fundamental rights as their citizens, and you will have additional security with the workplace laws. You can also enjoy free healthcare services, and you can save a lot with a high wage. The economy rate is stable, and it is growing 2.5% every year in the global market.
What is Australia Work Permit Visa?
Australia always had the search for skilled Indian Workers. However, if you need to experience the quality work life in Australia, you need Australia Work Permit Visa. You must be provided with a work permit visa by the country’s officials, which could be valid from six months to four years.
What is Australia Work Visa Types?
The government of Australia had provided various types of work permit visa for Indians. You can apply for the specific visa type according to your job details, and the skilled workers can stay in Australia from a day to up to four years based on the type of visa you had been provided.
1. Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
It doesn’t require any sponsorship from an employer or company. Instead, you can apply for it as an individual if you have the necessary qualification for the specific occupation mentioned in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
3. Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa type is based on the point-based system where the applicants can stay permanently in Australia.
4. Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (Subclass 187)
The applicants should be under 45 and be nominated by the eligible Australian employer for a hob.
5. Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
It allows the workers to have a permanent work visa depending on the sponsorship offer provided by their employers.
6. Skilled Region or Relative Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)
It allows the worker and family to stay in the country for five years.
7. Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124)
It is a permanent visa for people who have an excellent record in the respective field.
8. Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
This allows the person to start a new business or continue with the existing business in Australia.
9. Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188):
The applicant can manage and invest in their business in Australia under this visa.
10. Temporary Work (Short stay activity) visa (Subclass 400)
With this visa, the applicants can stay in the country for a maximum of six months to work in a highly specialized job within a short period.
11. Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
No longer acceptable and it is replaced by subclass 408, which allows the person to stay for an extended period.
12. Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
The visa is now closed and replaced by subclass 403.
13. Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
It is no longer available, instead, you can go for subclass 408.
14. Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa(Subclass 403)
This allows the individual to work in the country based on the bilateral agreement with another government. The stay can be extended up to two years, as mentioned in the notice.
15. Temporary skilled work (Subclass 457)
This allows the workers below 45 to stay in the country for two to four years.
17. New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461)
It is for a person who is a member of the New Zealand citizen’s family but not a citizen himself.
18. Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
This option is for youngsters who wish to work in the country during the holidays.
19. Skilled-recognized Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
It is for recent graduates of engineering from one of the eligible universities who can stay for 18 months in the country to get work experience.
20. Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
This allows the recently graduated students to work in Australia for 18 months and must be qualified in the CRICOS registered course.
21. Super Yacht Crew Visa (Subclass 488)
It is not applicable for new applicants, instead, you can opt for subclass 408.
22. Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887)
This is for the people who had already lived in any of the Australian regions for work purposes.
23. Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
This type of visa is for entrepreneurs who already had a business or investment in the country.
24. Business Owner Visa (subclass 890)
The applicants must own a business in the country if they want to stay permanently.
25. Investor visa (subclass 891)
Under this option, the person can stay indefinitely in Australia only if they invest in any business in the country9+
26. State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
With the qualifying visa, the applicants can stay permanently due to the business
27. State/Territory Sponsored Investor Visa (subclass 893)
It is for the persons who need to stay permanently in the country to continue with their business.
28. Maritime Crew Visa (subclass 988)
The visa is applicable for foreign persons and their partners and children when they travel on non-military ships via sea.
Despite the types mentioned above, according to the migration agent, most application from Indian Subcontinent falls under the category of skilled migration, employer, and state-sponsored visa arrangement.
How Can You Apply To Australia Work Permit Visa?
Before applying for the work permit visa in Australia, keep in mind depending on the type of visa, the eligibility criteria may vary. So, it’s advisable to make sure you have the skills to meet up the demands.
Here are the detailed instructions on how to apply for an Australia work permit visa.
- Select the type of work permit visa and check whether you are eligible for further process.
- Once confirmed, take a look if you can meet the requirements of the Skillselect point-based system.
- If you had chosen the visa, which requires sponsorship or nomination from the employer, make sure he/she has done the form before applying for the visa.
- Fill the application form with correct details based on the visa category.
- Make sure you had attached the required documents with relevant information along with your application form.
- As a final step, you need to pay the application fee for the selection process, and it would also vary according to the different categories.
Once you applied for the visa, the time required for the Australia Work Process would take up to four to five months at a minimum if you have attached the proper documents.
What Are The Requirements Needed For The Australian Permit Visa?
The Australia work process for a visa needs some documents to continue the process, and the types of documents may vary based on the type of visa chosen by the person. The Australia Work Requirements for all types of work permit visa are as follows:
- Passport at least with the validity of six months
- 3 Recent passport-sized photographs
- Sponsorship or job offer letter
- Proof of dependents (if applicable)
- Complete medical certificate
- Evidence for your Proficiency in English (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Relevant documentation for education and employment purposes
- Health and travel insurance document
- Personal character assessment
- Good conduct documentation
Apart from the mentioned documents, you need to satisfy another expectation to obtain your work permit visa in Australia successfully. The government of Australia had planned to replace other skilled worker visas known as the General Skilled Migration Program or known as ‘SkillSelect.’
The Skillselect program ensures that the applicants could meet the eligibility criteria and assess their skills through the point-based system. Based on the earning of the points, the workers will be selected for the visa. You need to score a minimum of 60 points if you want to be eligible for the General Skilled Migrant Program. The points could be earned from thebelow-mentioned categories.
The applicants from the age of 25 to 32 could earn more points than those aged more than 32. But there will be no point for the applicants aged 45 and above.
2. Educational details
If your educational qualification is related to your job offer, you will be provided with the points under this category. If you have a bachelor’s or Master’s degree, you can have 15 points, but if you are a doctorate in the field, you get a maximum score of 20.
3. Skilled Employee
For this, you will get your point if you have experience in the occupation mentioned in the SkilledOccupation List. The points may vary, however, you can score up to 20 in this criteria.
4. Australian Educational Qualification
In case, if you have competed for any of your courses in one of the Australian education institute, you will be eligible to earn more five points from this category.
5. Regional Study Qualification
Five more points will be allotted if you have lived and studied in any of the regions in Australia before.
6. Australian Professional Qualification
If you have any prior professional work experience in Australia for at least a year in the last five years, you will be awarded an additional five points.
7. Community Language Skills
If you have excellent proficiency (interpret or translator level) skills in any of Australia’s community languages, you can gain another five points under it.
8. Skills and qualification of spouse or partner
If you plan to add your spouse or partner while applying for the visa process, their skills and qualifications also count if he/she is not permanent residents or citizens of Australia. Your point system will be increased with another five points if your partner can meet the essential eligibility criteria for the Australian General Skilled Migration Program.
If you need to achieve significantly, then you need to dream big, and Australia is one such place where you can find a way every time to improvise your skills. If you know better the information we mentioned above, you might be understanding now that making the Australia work permit visa is not an easy job for an individual.
How can Meteors Immigration help you?
Our Meteors Immigration is one of the leading Australian immigration consultants in India. We have a team of highly experienced and skilled professionals who can help to apply for an Australian work permit visa in a hassle-free and straightforward way. We would assist you in every step of the visa process. Our team would have a close watch on document verifications, visa filing, letter drafting, and other procedures to make it to your dream destination. Contact us if you are looking for an Australia work permit visa for Indians.
We have made numerous successful visa processes in a short time, which would save you valuable time. Our first priority is helping you establish the best career in Australia.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What if my visa has already expired?
In case you found the expiry before 28 days, and you need to apply for a Bridging Visa E (BE). It will extend your staying period in Australia, and you will become lawful while you are making the arrangements for further process.
Is IELTS mandatory for an Australian work visa?
Yes, IELS is mandatory, as it is the crucial language test to prove your English proficiency skills. You should be qualified in the exam as English is the primary community language of Australia. The minimum score required by the applicants on the IELTS score may vary based on the different occupations.
How long can you stay in Australia on a Working Visa?
Based on your sponsor or employer, you can stay in Australia from two years to four years. You can even remain permanently with respective visas and documents.
Are SkillSelect draws being held?
Yes, Skillselect draws are being held. Recently, about 2050 invitations had been held on March 13. The requests received under three categories of visa as 1750 from Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) and 300 from Skilled Work Regional Provision visa (subclass 491).
Now you know all about how to apply for the Australia Work Permit Visa. So, without wasting much time apply now with Meteors Immigration to come one step closer to your dreams.