Family members who wish to migrate to country under one of the visa categories must have sponsorship from a relative ,company or a friend to be eligible. The sponsor must be an citizen, permanent resident or country citizen
The Sponsored Visitor Visa is designed to enable members of local, state and federal government and government agencies, as well as specified organisations , to offer formal sponsorship to short stay visitors.
The visa is designed for applicants who wish to enter Abroad for a period of no more than 3 months for purposes. This can include activities such as attending conferences and training, but must not include the undertaking of business employment (this could have an adverse effect on the employment and training opportunities of citizens or permanent residents).
An sponsor can vouch for an applicant’s purpose of visit and provide an undertaking that their visitor will abide by visa conditions, including that they depart before their visa expires.
The aim of the Sponsored Visitor Visa is to offer sponsors an onshore alternative to the standard Short Visitor Visa. By enabling sponsors to lodge the applications and sponsorship directly at their local Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) Business Centre, the Department will be able to better accommodate requests from sponsors.
Key features of the visa are:
- Mandatory sponsorship;
- Faster processing times for most standard Visitor Visa applications;
- A graduated warning regime that will apply to the sponsor if the visitor breaches visa conditions; and
- A discretionary security bond.
Government Sponsored Visa Eligibility
To be eligible for a Sponsored Visitor (Short Stay) Visa, applicants must:
- Have a background that is relevant to the applicant’s activity ;
- Have a demonstrated need to be in Australia to carry out that business;
- Have adequate funds to support the applicant’s stay ; and
- Demonstrate that the applicant will not be undertaking any business-related activities which would disadvantage an citizen or permanent resident.
>To be eligible to sponsor a Visitor, a sponsor must be:
- A Federal, State or Territory Member of Parliament;
- An authorised person representing a Commonwealth, State or Territory agency;
- A local government mayor; or
- An organisation specified by Gazette Notice.
More that one sponsor visitor can be sponsored at any one time for a visa .